How QuietCool Attic Fans Works
Anytime it is cooler outside than the inside of a home, the QuietCool whole house fan system will work effectively. In the summer, this normally happens in the late afternoon to early evening and through to the next morning.
When whole-house fans are turned on, the fans will pull the cooler outdoor air into your home, through your windows, across your living space, into the attic, and out the attic vents, replacing the hot, stale air. This helps cool the home and attic by up to 30 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
The cool breeze begins when a window or two is opened and the QuietCool fan is turned on. The cooler outside air will immediately begin to create a breeze inside the home making the homeowner feel up to 10 degrees cooler, and sometimes more, instantly.
- RUN YOUR A/C Run your A/C during the middle of the day when it is the hottest outside.
- OPEN WINDOWS Any time it’s cooler outside than inside, typically in the morning and evening, turn off your A/C system and open a few windows 4-6 inches.
- TURN IT ON Now that your windows are open, turn your QuietCool fan on by setting the speed and timer. Run your whole house fan 4-6 hours for max results.
- BRING FRESH AIR IN QuietCool pulls in cool, fresh air from outside and expels hot, stale air out attic vents.
- THERMAL MASS COOLING As the QuietCool changes the air in the home 15 to 22 times per hour, the mass of the home is cooled down.
- ENJOY COMFORT & SAVINGS Your home has now been made cooler, healthier, and more comfortable, all while cutting back on running your A/C system during peak hours.