Trust the Local Rancho Cordova Smoke & CO Detector Experts
Get the Service You Deserve
When you need General Electrical services, trust the experts at Gubruds. Our technicians have the skills, knowledge, and tools to fix most General Electrical problems on the spot.
When your Gubruds technician arrives at your home they will explain all of your options before starting repairs so you can make informed decisions before any work begins. We service and repair most brands of equipment, so you can trust us to perform a professional General Electrical job.
We’re not happy until you’re happy.Book Online Book Online
First Responder Discounts
Professional Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation Services Near Rancho Cordova, CA
Installing a Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector is one of the most important ways to keep your Rancho Cordova, CA home and family safe and protected from serious potential health hazards, with some cases even resulting in death. Carbon monoxide is commonly referred to as “the silent killer” because of its tasteless and odorless nature.
Homeowners in the Rancho Cordova, CA area often realize there is a carbon monoxide leak after it’s far too late and that is why it is imperative to entrust Gubruds for all Professional Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation Services!
Benefits of Professional Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Installation Services From Gubruds
When you entrust Gubruds for Professional Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Installation Services, you can rest assured that the job gets done right. Our team of specialists are expertly trained with the skills, tools, and knowledge that is required to accurately install both smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in your home. Our number one priority is to make sure your Rancho Cordova, CA home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are installed correctly, operating safely, and protecting you and your family. If you are in need of Professional Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Installation Services, you can count on Gubruds to get the job done as effectively as possible and never begin any work without your approval first. Call us today to get more information, get your questions answered, and schedule a Pro Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Install today!
Signs It’s Time to Have Gubruds Replace Your Smoke Detector
Most smoke detectors last around ten years before needing to be replaced. In the event that you notice any of the following signs, particularly in conjunction with your smoke detector being over ten years old, call Gubruds as soon as possible to have your smoke detector replaced with a brand new one which will help remain keeping your home and family protected:
- Discoloration: Have you noticed your smoke detector beginning to turn a yellow-ish hue? This is a sign your smoke detector is nearing the end of its useful lifespan. Discoloration in smoke detectors usually occurs due to years of exposure to dust and other air particles and pollutants. The color of your smoke detector is a great indicator of when to have Gubruds replace it.
- Constantly Chirping: Constant chirping from your smoke detector is not only painfully annoying, but is also an indicator that your smoke detector is on its way out and will need to be replaced by the pros at Gubruds surely any day.
- No Response to Testing: You should always test your smoke detector at least once per month to ensure that it is in proper working order and will be ready in the event of a fire. If your smoke detector is not responding to the periodic testing, it is likely in need of replacement from the experts at Gubruds.
- Alarm Going Off For No Reason: As smoke alarms age, they begin to fail and the alarm function will oftentimes go off for no apparent reason. A simple piece of dust blowing by can set off a failing fire alarm. Aside from this being a major annoyance it is also dangerous because when your fire alarm goes off for legitimate reasons, you may not be inclined to take it so seriously. If your smoke detector alarm is going off constantly, for no apparent reason, it’s time to call the certified experts at Gubruds to replace your smoke detector.
When to Have Gubruds Replace Your Carbon Monoxide Detector
The best way to determine whether it’s time to replace your carbon monoxide detector altogether or not is based on its beeping patterns. Your carbon monoxide detector will play different beeping patterns depending on its needs. It’s very important to know what each pattern signifies. Most carbon monoxide detection devices have a universal beeping pattern in an effort to help keep you and your family safe:
- Four Beeps and a Pause: This means there is fresh carbon monoxide in the air in your home. Go outside to the fresh air, outside of your house immediately and call 911. Carbon monoxide can be deadly and it is extremely important that in the event your detector is beeping four times followed by a pause, that you get out to fresh air as quickly as possible.
- One Beep Per Minute: This indicates the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector are low and will need to be replaced. It’s important to change the batteries in the event of this pattern as it is both a nuisance and it can mean your device may not be able to detect carbon monoxide correctly with low battery power.
- Five Beeps Per Minute: In the event your carbon monoxide detector is beeping five times every minute, your alarm has reached the end of its lifespan and will need to be professionally removed and replaced by certified professionals at Gubruds. This pattern specifically means that your alarm is no longer able to detect carbon monoxide.
Main Sources of Carbon Monoxide Leaks in Your Rancho Cordova, CA Home
Carbon monoxide can be produced by any fuel-burning or gas-using appliance in your Rancho Cordova, CA home. That is why it is crucial to have a carbon monoxide detector professionally installed by technicians at Gubruds. The main sources of carbon monoxide leaks in California homes are:
- Your home furnace
- The drying vent in your drying machine
- Fireplaces and chimneys
- Gas stoves
- … and others
It’s recommended to install a carbon monoxide detector near all of these appliances in your California home to help prevent a potential carbon disaster. It is always a good idea to have a carbon monoxide detector in as many rooms as possible, but it’s crucial that you keep them in rooms where gas-using and fuel-burning appliances are located.Book Online Book Online
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the typical lifespan of a carbon monoxide detector?
The typical lifespan of a carbon monoxide detector is about five years. You will need to change the batteries as needed.
Where should I install my Carbon Monoxide detector?
First and foremost, you should always install carbon monoxide detectors around or in each bedroom. Other recommended areas to install a carbon monoxide detector are at least 15-20 feet away from your furnace and at least 10 feet away from your bathroom.
In multi-level homes, it is suggested to install a carbon monoxide detector on every level, including your basement if you have one. If you’re having trouble figuring out where to place your carbon monoxide detector(s), call Gubruds to have a professional help you install them.
Is there anywhere I shouldn’t install Carbon Monoxide detectors?
Never install Carbon Monoxide alarms in kitchens, garages, furnace rooms, or in any extremely dusty or dirty areas. Additionally, never install a carbon monoxide detector in direct sunlight or areas conducive to extreme temperatures such as unfinished attics or basements, crawl spaces, or porches.
When choosing areas to install your Carbon Monoxide detectors, you’ll want to avoid putting them in areas with excessive obstructions, like under a curtain, for example. If you’re struggling to install your carbon monoxide detector(s), call Gubruds to have an expert finish the job properly.
What is the Difference Between a Smoke Detector and a Carbon Monoxide Detector?
The general difference between a smoke detector and a carbon monoxide detector is that smoke detectors are fire protection devices while the latter detects carbon monoxide only, which can arise from many things aside from just a fire. Additionally, smoke detectors are installed on ceilings or higher up on walls because of both heat and smoke rise. Carbon monoxide detectors are typically installed lower to the ground as carbon monoxide is a heavy gas that tends to hang lower:
There are two types of smoke detectors including ionization and photoelectric smoke detectors. Photoelectric sensors detect changes in lights passing through a chamber when smoke goes through it and subsequently triggers an alarm. Ionization sensors detect changes in the ionization of the air itself. Many Rancho Cordova, CA homeowners actually prefer to have both types of smoke detectors installed around their home to ensure the utmost protection.
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Carbon monoxide detectors are also crucial to have installed in your California home as carbon monoxide can be produced from many things besides a fire. Any gas-using and fuel-burning appliances in your home can produce carbon monoxide, which can be lethal in copious amounts. Carbon monoxide is odorless and tasteless, so having a detector is imperative to keep your home safe and secure. In the event of a carbon monoxide leak, you will absolutely need to rely on your carbon monoxide alarm to detect it, as you will not be able to sense it yourself.