Electrical Panel Replacement & Upgrades in Rancho Cordova, CA
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority
Your electrical panel is one of the most important parts of your electrical system. Its job is to control and distribute power throughout your home or business. Over time, though, your panel could become old, broken, or overloaded, which could cause electrical hazards, power surges, or even fires. That’s why it’s important to have your panel checked on a regular basis and replace or upgrade it as needed. Gubrud’s Services fixes and replaces electric panels professionally for homes and businesses in Rancho Cordova and the surrounding area. Our team of licensed and experienced electricians in Rancho Cordova has the knowledge and skills to assess the condition of your panel, find potential problems, and recommend the best solutions to keep you safe and comfortable.Book Online Book Online
First Responder Discounts
Electrical Panel Services We Offer
We offer a range of electrical panel replacement and upgrade services to meet your specific needs and budget. Some of our most popular services include:
- Electrical Panel Inspection
- Electrical Panel Upgrades
- Electrical Panel Replacement
- Circuit Breaker Replacement
- Electrical Panel Maintenance
Don’t risk the health of your electric systems, and call our professionals whether you need an electric panel upgrade or electric panel repair in Rancho Cordova!
Signs You Should Consider Repairing or Replacing Your Electric Panel
Understanding whether your electric panel needs an upgrade or repair is often confusing once it stops working. Here are some signs you can look for to make an informed decision.
- Outdated Fuse Box: If your home or business still has a fuse box, it likely needs to be updated and no longer meets modern electrical standards.
- Consistent Electrical Issues: If you’re experiencing consistent electrical issues, such as flickering lights or power outages, it could be a sign of a faulty electrical panel.
- Frequent Circuit Breaker Trips: If your circuit breakers are frequently tripping, it could indicate that your panel is overloaded and needs an upgrade.
- Insufficient Power: If you’ve added new appliances or electrical devices to your property and are experiencing insufficient power, it could be a sign that your panel needs to be updated or undersized.
- Corrosion or Rust: It could be a sign of wear and tear if you notice corrosion or rust on your electrical panel.
- Burning Smells or Sparks: If you smell burning or see sparks coming from your panel, it’s a serious hazard and requires immediate attention.
- Insurance Requirements: Some insurance companies require that homes or businesses have a certain type of electrical panel to qualify for coverage.
Regardless of the sign you notice, you can rely on electric panel upgrade specialists in Rancho Cordova. We have decades of experience serving communities and neighborhoods to ensure their energy needs are met.
Benefits of upgrading your electrical system using a sub-panel
Did you know upgrading your electrical system using a sub-panel is a more cost-effective and efficient solution providing additional power and flexibility? A sub-panel is a mini electrical panel connecting to your main electrical panel and distributing power to specific areas or circuits in your home or business. Here are some benefits of adding a sub-panel:
Additional Capacity: Adding a subpanel can provide additional capacity and prevent overloading. This can also allow you to add new appliances or electrical devices to your property without the risk of tripping circuit breakers or experiencing power outages.
Improved Safety: Subpanels can help improve the safety of your electrical system by reducing the risk of electrical hazards and fires. By isolating specific circuits, subpanels can prevent overloads and short circuits from affecting other areas of your property.
Increased Flexibility: With a sub-panel, you can have greater control over which circuits are powered and when. This can be especially useful when prioritizing certain areas or devices, such as during a power outage or emergency.
Cost-Effective: Upgrading your electrical system using a sub-panel can be more affordable than upgrading your entire electrical panel. This is because subpanels are smaller and require less installation wiring and labor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I install electrical wiring myself?
No, you should never attempt to install electrical wiring yourself. Electrical work involves a high risk of hazard including potential electrical shock and/or fire. Only a professional licensed electrician from Gubruds should install electrical wiring in your home as they have specifically trained and certified in the skills, knowledge, and experience that it takes to perform electrical work.
Why doesn't my light switch work for my lighting fixture?
There could be a few reasons why your light switch doesn’t work for your lighting fixture. More times than not, the issue is as simple as a tripped circuit, which affects the flow of power from your switch to your lighting. Other common issues are damaged wiring, burned-out or corroded contacts, or a problem with the wiring or light sockets in your light fixture. If you’re struggling to make your light switch work with your lighting fixture, call Gubruds to have a licensed electrician come take a look.
What is a “short” or a “short circuit?”
A short circuit occurs when the wire carrying the electrical current comes into contact with the grounded conductor or equipment ground.
What is a GFCI outlet?
A GFCI outlet protects you from electrical shock if moisture is present. GFCI outlets are usually found in areas where there is a lot of water around such as your kitchen or bathroom. You can identify a GFCI outlet by the “test” and “reset” buttons on them. The “reset” button turns your outlet back on after it has tripped. If you’ve tried pressing the “reset” button multiple times to no avail, you will need to have a professional electrician from Gubruds diagnose the issue.
What electrical services does Gubruds provide?
Electrical Services We Provide
- Electrical Repairs
- Indoor/Outdoor Lighting Services
- Whole-Home Rewiring
- Ceiling Fan Services
- Home Generators
- Circuit Breakers & Panels
- …and more!